Sunday, January 6, 2013

"One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, NEW Fish!"

Have I told you how much we love technology?! I should have known that my Mom would put her creativity to good use once again...her and Parker's Auntie Barb put on a "virtual" baby shower for us in Maine! So creative and so much fun! My parents visited at the end of November and showed up with our own little bag of baby shower items (a table cloth, plates, cups, baby shower games) and even cupcakes decorated with "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, New Fish!" So awesome!! We signed onto FaceTime and were able to fully participate with our family and friends in Maine virtually.

A little back story...
From the time I was 3 years old, I knew I wanted to be a Marine Biologist and one of my favorite books as a child was Dr. Suess' "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish". For my high school graduation, my parents gave me a copy of the book with a note urging me to follow my dreams and never give up on what I believe in. So when I saw the invitation to this shower, it had a deeper meaning for me and marks a new chapter in my life in a special way...



Here is the invitation for the shower


Here is what it looked like on our end (Cooper was convinced at least ONE present was for him...)



The decorations in Maine:


Our amazing family celebrating with us!



Everyone thought I was kidding when I said Parker had 21 pairs of shoes (and one pair of slippers)...here is the proof...and currently, I believe the count is up to 26...



We had such a great time celebrating with our friends and family in Maine! Thank you all for coming and being open-minded to this creative baby shower! We love you <3

No comments:

Post a Comment