Sunday, December 9, 2012

"Let's Dive Under the Sea and Shower the Mommy-To-Be!"

Michael and I can't even begin to explain how grateful we are to have such wonderful people in our lives. Even though the Army moved us halfway around the world away from our support system, we have found an incredible group of friends here that have become our family. Parker's Auntie Sarah sent me a message one Sunday afternoon and said "Are you having a baby shower?" I told her "Probably not" to which she quickly responded "Well that isn't the right answer. I'm on it." Sarah and Christine paired up and put on what I am convinced was the most heartfelt and amazing baby shower a Mom could ask for!

Here is the adorable invitation they sent out:

Some photos from the wonderful event:

"Thank You" Favors

Balloons!
My close friend, Kelly, who recently moved to Kentucky was able to join us via FaceTime!
Chanda and I :)
Christine (who co-hosted with Sarah), Nikki and Landon

Christine and Lauren (she is due just a few weeks after me!)
This is part of Parker's "Coming Home" Outfit
The most popular gift at the shower! A bib and the claws are a facecloth that you can pull out to wipe his little face! Thanks so much Aunt Cathy! You are so creative!
Auntie Sarah started Parker's book collection with all her favorite stories from her childhood, so very sweet!
My amazing co-host Sarah! I think she was yelling at me for throwing paper at her :)

Cooper was convinced that at least ONE thing in those boxes and bags was for him!
The start of my bow hat...
There it is! Thanks Felecia ;)
Cooper wanted to wear it too!
My adorable friend Gwen trying to decide how fat I really am!
Ok, Christine...we get it!
Clean-Up Crew! He was such a great sport!


These are just a few pictures from such an incredible night with amazing people! Michael and I spent the next few WEEKS washing tiny clothes, folding the smallest socks in the world, and making room in our home for Parker. We were overwhelmed by how much love and support we received and how generous people have been for a little man that none of us have even met! Parker is one lucky monster!

1 comment:

  1. Love you Brittany, Michael and Parker!!!! XOXO Sarah

    ReplyDelete