Shortly after my last blog, Michael and I decided we would try to transition Parker to his toddler bed before we heard the dreaded "THUMP" of him climbing and falling out of his crib. We figured, he has a convertible crib, this will be easy! My advice to all parents of future toddlers: Save all those little blots that you think the company just nicely sent you in case you lost one. No. Those are essential in transforming the crib. Two trips to the hardware store later, we figured it out.
Night number one:
 |
| Yeah, that plan worked great. |
First nap "in" is toddler bed:
 |
| My view under his door... |
The second night, I lost count at the 5th time Parker woke up. We figured he was just trying to figure out the new bed and fell back to sleep on his own. When I woke up and walked down the hall to the office the next morning, his room was a bright beacon of light at the end of the hallway. No wonder he kept waking up, he turned every light on in his room! The next day, we made a trip to Home Depot and put lightswtich covers - no issues since :)
This is where I found him after night 2:
 |
| I guess he wore himself out from all his wood working in the night. |
Once he finally figured out that his bed was much more comfortable than the floor, I began to find random items in his bed. Here is the progression:
If you notice, the stool has become a permanent fixture in his bed now. No matter how many times I take that thing out of his bed, I find it in there when I go in to get him after he wakes up! He has become quite the little bedtime hoarder. That CANNOT be comfortable, dude!
No comments:
Post a Comment