Thursday, January 23, 2014

Merry Christmas, And A Happy 2014!

I know, I know…I am a little late…ok, a lot late!  But keeping up with this little crazy is a full time job!  Since we have moved, life has been a whirlwind and throwing Thanksgiving, a trip to Maine, and Christmas all in that mix makes me one tired Mommy!

Christmas began in November for the Miller's with our first celebration during out visit to Ann and Duane's for Thanksgiving.  Parker's Great Aunt Cindy and Great Uncle Richard were down for the holiday, so we decided to get a "2 for 1" and celebrate with them.  We had a delicious dinner and then onto presents!  Parker got a stuffed Mickey Mouse almost the size of him, and give him big kisses!  …Although I am pretty sure he was more fascinated with the boxes and wrapping paper as most little ones are :)





We had originally planned to go to Maine for Christmas and Papa's 60th birthday, buuuuut ticket prices were not exactly in our favor so we had to improvise a little.  Even though we were not there on the calendar date of Christmas, we celebrated just the same and it was perfect :)

Parker's Great Auntie Jeanne made him this "Parker size" stocking as a shower gift even before he was born!  Back story - I have one that she made for me when I was little too, so I was thrilled that she kept the tradition going and made one for Parker, very sweet :)  …and VERY stretchy! :)


Parker going completely spoiled by his Mimi and Papa (surprise, surprise…) and all of our wonderful family and friends in Maine.  He is one lucky little boy and we are so grateful for each and every single one of you.


Oh, you thought we were done?  Oh, no.  We headed to Nana and Pap Paw's (Michael's parents) to celebrate Christmas Eve with his family.  The night was full of delicious food, glowing smiles, creative gifts, and a little homemade moonshine ;)  Parker got some new Christmas jammies and a Christmas story before bedtime.


Even though this picture is misleading, I promise Parker did not have any of the moonshine ;)


Christmas morning we were up bright and early to see what Santa brought!  Parker and Pap Paw made a stepping stone with his handprint to put out by Pap Paw's fancy new garage!


By this time, Parker was a professional at presents and wasted no time ripping into them!


…and of course…no visit with Uncle Chris is complete without Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in just your diaper…classic.


As you can see, our holiday season was full of lots of love, laughter, and wonderful memories.  As we look back on our year as a family we cannot help but be thankful for everything we have been blessed with.


I had all intensions of taking a cute family photo for the New Year, but Parker was in bed at 7:00 and Michael and I followed shortly behind him at 8:30…I guess that is what happens when you have a baby and a full time job.  Maybe next year...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Love,
The Miller's


No comments:

Post a Comment